The Los Angeles Lakers will look to capture a 17th NBA Championship when they take on the Miami Heat in Game Six of the NBA Finals on Sunday night. Los Angeles failed in their first attempt to hoist their first Larry O’Brien Trophy since 2010 and was unable to make the plays down the stretch of a 111-108 loss in Game Five. The Lakers connected on 14-for-38 from the three-point line and shot 46 percent overall in defeat.
Los Angeles F LeBron James led all scorers with 40 points to go along with 13 rebounds and seven assists. Anthony Davis added 28 points on 9-for-15 shooting and grabbed 12 rebounds for the Lakers.
The Miami Heat have had to deal with injuries during the NBA Finals and continue to battle for head coach Erik Spoelstra. On Friday, Miami was unfazed by a six-point halftime deficit and wore down Los Angeles with their constant movement on offense. The Heat converted 14 of their 33 long distance attempts and 21 of their 22 free throws.
Miami G/F Jimmy Butler tallied a team high 35 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists, and five steals. Duncan Robinson contributed 26 points on 7-for-13 from the three-point line.
Recent Betting Trends
- Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Heat are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as an underdog.
- Heat are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 9-4 in Lakers last 13 games following a straight up loss.
- Under is 10-3 in Heat last 13 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.