The Analyst Customer Data Strategy and Governance will participate in a variety of projects related to the governance and management of customer data across The Home Depot. The Analyst will execute medium/multi-dimensional or multiple projects. They may lead smaller customer data related projects and will accumulate knowledge to become a subject matter expert in customer data. They will be expected to participate in process development, project management, data analysis and status reporting and may lead these areas for a small project. The Analyst will have a hands on understanding of the data necessary to drive customer data management and governance processes, including analysis using data querying in support of project completion.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% – Participating in the upkeep of an inventory of customer data across the organization, including the approval of any new data creation or sharing based on standards created by our Privacy practice
20% – Partnering with the Security as a data owner to grant access to customer data across the organization based on the rules defined by the Privacy team related to data access
20% – Conducting data analysis to develop a perspective on data quality issues and helping to resolve certain data quality issues across all customer data repositories
10% – Participating in the building and distribution of customer scorecards and data quality dashboards
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Sr Manager Customer Data Governance.
- This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- SQL skills and some experience querying data is preferred
- Some experience with data analysis is preferred
- Some experience creating process flows is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.